Thursday, July 8, 2010

Ellendale rest area

Day 49. (Sunday 4th July) On Sunday we left Spring Creek Rest Area and travelled 509 km for the day. Our total km is 6959. First we stopped at Halls Creek for fuel and I got a Top Gear Magazine. Then we travelled to Mary Pool and stopped for lunch. We saw a bull and the bull was big and brown. But we werent allowed to feed him. After lunch we had to run our energy off and mum Brock and me raced Dad across a little bridge. Since I was so far ahead I stopped at the middle of bridge and said hi to a man and also looked at the fish then I carried on racing. I came first, Brock came second , Dad came third (dad was driving the winnebago) and sadly mum came last!After lunch we drove on to the rest area called Ellendale in between Fitzroy Crossing and Derby. At the rest area I rode my bike because I made up my own race track and I rode 14 laps around and I did some massive skids. Then we collected firewood and Brock and me found our toasting sticks and we used them for pretend bow and arrows. I won the battle. Then we had dinner and then we got torches and went down to the campfire. We cooked marshmallows at the campfire and we cooked damper around the fire with some friends we met. Then after the campfire we were going to play bows & arrows but dad said we couldnt so then we read some books and went to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment