Monday, June 21, 2010

Darwin
















Darwin - Hidden Valley
Day 31 On Wednesday we left early in the morning it was 6.30am we travelled to Darwin and we put the Winnebago in for service. Then we went into the city of Darwin for breakfast at McDonalds. We looked at some shops and we spent most of the afternoon at the wavepool. We had so much fun at the wavepool and I nearly got dumped by a wave. Then we went to the caravan park where we are staying at. It is called the Hidden Valley Tourist Park. The caravan had a crocodile talk and we went to it. We got to hold a baby freshwater crocodile. It had so much fun that day.

Darwin - Mindil Market, & Crocodylus Park
Day 32 On Thursday we went to Crocodylus Park and saw over 15000 crocodiles! Most were freshwater but some were saltwater. We went on a tour - the guide said that freshwater crocodiles run faster than saltwater crocodiles. Saltwater crocodiles are more dangerous than freshwater crocodiles. We also saw some lions,
some sea turtles, some monkeys and lots more animals. I was the only on that saw the tiger. I got to feed one of the biggest saltwater crocodiles. The crocodylus park isnt just a park for tourists it is also a farm as well. They feed crocodiles to make them grow then sell their meat and skins.We saw the V8 supercar trucks leaving for a convoy into town. Then we had lunch and had a swim. Then nearly at night we went to the V8 supercar driver signing and some V8 supercar drivers signed Wilson. I missed out on Jamie Whincup because we left before we got to the front of the queue and that made me quite sad. We went to the Mindil Market beside the beach at night. It was awesome. We saw a fire juggling act and that was awesome as well. We had dinner
at the market.

Darwin - V8 Supercars
Day 33 On Friday (June 18th) we went to the V8 supercars we saw v8 supercar drivers, we saw formula fords, old HQ's and lots more. It was very hot at the track- It was 31 degrees in winter! Then mum picked us up and we went back and had a swim. Dad and his friend Tony stayed there. Later we picked them up. We rode our bikes around the park and had a rest.

4 comments:

  1. HI ADAM I BET IT WSA AN AWESOME SUNSET OVER MINDIL BEACH . WRE THE DIDGERIDOO PLAYERS THERE ? JEN

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Adam, what a great photo of you holding the croc, so glad that he had his mouth tied up, he would probably have a nasty bite. I'm enjoying travelling with you on your blob, the photo's and your comments are ace. We are well here and Buster sends his love with me to you. Luv to mum, dad and Brock. Keep up the great blog luv xxNanny Marg

    ReplyDelete
  3. To Adam I hope you are having a good holiday. Do you know where you are now. The class is going well. Did you know we are all doing a narratives. Which is a untrue story. Did you know a dentist came for a talk about our teeth. We put your showbag in your locker tub. Did you know my cows are having calves at the moment.
    From Louise

    Hi Adam I hope your having a great time.
    Last week on Friday hyland had a lucky win. In the afternoon we went to an oz opera in the molty purpuse room. It was called Sid The Serpent I thought it was a bit funny. On Thursday it is going to be PJ day. Where are you now.Miss Colahan and 2LC are really missing you.
    From Lani

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Adam,
    Where have you been so far?
    On the weekend it was my birthday. I got two cool transformers.
    From Jayden

    Dear Adam,
    I'm now back from my holidays and it was fun!
    I hope you are having a great time!
    I made a Mexican Jumping Bean and brought it to school.
    From Ryan

    Dear Adam,
    I hope your are having fun on your big journey. I hope you are having lots of fun on your holiday. We have been having fun in investigations and learning lots of things. I have got a little ant and I call him Buggy.
    From Shakira

    Hi Adam,
    On the school holidays I am going to watch Star Wars with my sister and my dad. I dont have any dogs anymore because they kept running away so we had to give them back to their owners and one of them had to go to someone else.
    From Kasey

    To Adam,
    I hope you are having fun around Australia. Where are you right now? Are you still travelling? In investigations I have been doing a play called the Gingerbread Man. I am the Old Man and the girl. On the school holidays I am going to the Werribee Zoo. I am also going to the movies.
    From Ash

    Hi Adam,
    I hope you are having a great time. I have been playing schools in investigations. I am wondering where you have been lately. On the school holidays I am going to the snow and I am going to go on the snow. I am also going on a camp for 3 days with my church.
    From Alex

    Dear Adam,
    I hope you like your holiday. I cant wait til you come back. In investigations I was making a 3D houses with Brodie and now I'm working on my mosaic in art. I really want to go to a friends house on the school holidays, but I dont think Ill be allowed.
    From Alicia

    Dear Adam,
    I hope you are having a great time where you are now. I went to on a holiday to Queensland for 2 and a half weeks. When I was at Queensland, Mum tied Dad's shoelaces together and Mum said to take out the bins and Mum forgot that she tied up his shoelaces and fall to the ground. When he got up he laughed so hard that he farted 4 times. And when Dad went on the Black Hole at Wet N Wild, him and my brother were having fun on a black hole and I almost fell out of it.
    From Brodie

    To Adam,
    On the holidays Adam I have been playing Indiana Jones lego and I have finished a lot of levels. I have been doing The Temple of Doom and Im nearly done, but the playstation keeps freezing on me and I always like playing my playstation because it's very fun to play. I went to have a kick of footy with my Dad and I went to the footy last night. We're not sure who won. Me and Dad had a late night up, we had tv snacks, twisties and I played a bit of Indiana Jones on my playstation, then I went to bed.
    From Izack

    To Adam,
    I am wondering what you have been doing? The class is working really good in investigations and I hope you are having a good time.
    From Jarrod

    Dear Adam,
    I hope you are having a great time in Darwin. We are having a great time here. Today is my grand final in basketball. The wedding was very good. The bar was free and I drank one coke and one lift in the bottle. I danced with 14 girls. The reception was good, there was the band who sings the nutbush. All of the Grade 2's are learning the nutbush. In the reception there was a place where you had to sit. There were kids tables and adults tables. The kids got chicken nuggets and a salad. In the place where the reception was, there were heaps of lollies and you got lolly jars where you sat and you got to keep them. You got the swirly lollypops and my cousin Piper loved my brother Bailey, even though we were part of the same family. It was fun! My uncle Paul did a funny dance with aunty Kristy. When I was dancing with my Dads cousin my uncle Paul put thumbs up to me and I winked back while the dancer wasn't looking. In the classroom we are doing narratives now. We have got our reports. It was fun to read the reports and my reader is Tashi. I love reading Tashi books.
    From Tyler

    ReplyDelete